Our office in Walthamstow is looking for an experienced conveyancing paralegal to start immediately. Familiarity with New Build conveyancing is desirable. You will be expected to assist the Partner in their caseload of new build conveyancing with all matters from the instruction stage to completion and post completion stages (to file closure stage). You will prepare documents, deal with clients, and liaise with landlords, estate agents, and other professionals. A courteous, professional manner is essential.
We look forward to hearing from you!
- Must be able to work by oneself and with limited supervision.
- Must be highly motivated and organised. You will need the ability to take lead to ensure that all matters pertaining to your cases are dealt with vigorously and progressed in accordance with our pipeline conversion times.
- You will need to be adequately numerate as you will be dealing with financial information pertaining to each client and you will be expected to maintain accurate records of accounting.
- You will be highly literate as you will be dealing with particular client matters and preparing letters on behalf of the firm.
- You will need the ability to file in accordance with the firm’s filing system.
- You will have a good personality. You will need to be flexible within your role and may be required to provide assistance to other fee earners, Solicitors and Partners from time to time.
- A good working knowledge of computers is essential including the various facilities made available by the firm. In particular you must be familiar with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Proclaim and any other conveyancing management software.
- The post holder will have a commitment to ensuring that Health & Safety Standards of the work are upheld as well as ensuring that the procedures set out in the firm’s office Manual are adhered to.
- You will need to be flexible and be able to deal with other matters that are within your capabilities and can be reasonably asked of you.”