Notarial services are a distinct element of the legal service in the UK and with the continuing trend towards globalisation and individual mobility the role of English notaries is expanding. A notary public is a specially qualified individual authorised to verify and authenticate documents for use abroad. Cavendish Legal Group is pleased to be able to offer a full range of services through our notaries public, Mark Barnett and Dr Alexis Brassey.
Documents and situations that often require notarisation include the following:
- Individual powers of attorney, particularly those related to sale and purchase of foreign property
- Corporate powers of attorney from English companies
- Issuing good standing certificates for English companies
- Establishment of foreign subsidiaries by English companies
- Obtaining certified copies of passports and educational qualifications
- Statutory declarations and affidavits
- Opening of foreign bank accounts, for both individuals and companies
An Apostille Certificate is normally requested by foreign authorities and organisations so that your document can be used for official purposes outside of the UK. Apostilles are most often required for work, business, legal issues and personal matters such as marriages, births, property and business transactions. At Cavendish Legal we are able to provide a full apostille service, for both urgent and non urgent documents.
If practical, Mark or Alexis are prepared to travel to a client’s office or home to carry out their services for an additional charge.